[ Home ] [ Hours ] [ About Us ] [ Museum Building ] [ Coupon ] [ Our Collection ] [ Gift Shop ]
[ St. Louis Dollhouse & Miniature Show] [ Dollhouses For Sale ] [ Garage Sale ] [ Membership ]
[ NAME Day 2016 Pictures ]  [ Newsletter ] [ Special Exhibits ] [ Light Panel & LEDs ]
[ Wiring Clinic ] [ Acquisition Form ] [ Red Hat Club ] [ Other Miniature & Doll Museums


May 2017 Luncheon

In May, Fay organized our trip downtown for lunch and to tour the Eugene Field House Museum.

First we had lunch at the Boardway Oyster Bar. 



There were three birthdays in May, Betty, Darlene & Kay.  Here they are in the birthday tiaras.

 
   





 

 



After lunch, we serenated our birthday gals with our kazoos.

 

We then went to the Eugene Field House Museum

 

Located at 634 South Broadway, the three-story Greek Revival home was constructed in 1845.  Originally it was one of twelve attached houses called "Walsh's Row".  The other eleven buildings were demolished in 1936.  The Eugene Field House became a City Landmark in 1971.  It is known as the childhood home of the "Children's poet" Eugene Field.

The Field House was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2007.

His father, Roswell, was a judge in the Dred Scott case. 
ne section of the museum is dedicated to him.




Eugune Field collected toys.  Here are some of them on display.


 

Other toys on display.


 

We then went on the tour of the house.

 

 

 

 


 



It was a very interesting day.  Thanks, Fay.

Previous Pictures

June Pictures

Red Hat Index Page